MISSISSIPPI MUD BROWNIES
1 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4-4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 13x9x2" baking pan.
FOR THE BROWNIES:
2. In a large saucepan, melt the 1 cup butter. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, stir together the sugar, cocoa powder, and the salt.
4. Add the melted butter.
5. Stir in the beaten eggs and vanilla.
6. Add the flour and pecans; stir until combined.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Spread the marshmallows over hot cake and let stand for 10-15 minutes. During that time, prepare the frosting.
FOR THE FROSTING
9. In a saucepan, melt the 1/2 butter.
10. Stir in the cocoa powder until combined.
11. Stir in 2 cups of the powdered sugar.
12. Add the milk and stir until smooth.
13. Stir in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to reach a spreading consistency.
14. Spread the frosting on top of the marshmallows. Let the cake cool and the frosting set before cutting.
This is easily cut in half to make an 8x8" pan of brownies. It depends on how many you want. :)