I got to listen to Alicia cry all the way home in the car. She started when he hugged her goodbye.
These 3 weeks better go fast, damn it.
So, on a completely superficial note, I'm going to do a meme that manoah tagged me to do:
Five things you enjoy, not because you have to but because you want to, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal... and then tag five friends and ask them to post it to theirs.
In no order of importance:
1. Live theater, in any incarnation. Good, bad, musicals, plays, onstage, backstage, in the audience. It’s all good.
2. Writing. Telling stories is my lifeblood. If I can’t act them out or film them, then I have to write them down.
3. Reorganizing things/making lists. Stop laughing. Order is good.
4. Amusement parks. Love, love, love roller coasters. Don’t know why, especially as I’m such a chicken about certain rides. But there’s something incredibly relaxing and freeing about amusement parks of every shade.
5. Cuddling with my kids. I’m a wee bit tactile, and somehow, they managed to get that gene, too. :)
Because I'm invariably the last to do these, I'm not going to embarrass myself and tag people because they've likely already done it. So, if you want to do it, go ahead. :)