I skipped #7 because it's about coming up with new challenges, and I could not think of anything fandom-related that wasn't wish fulfillment. Which is kind of the point of #8, lol.#8: In your own space, create a wishlist.
1. I wish BtVS and AtS had a weekly drabble community here on LJ that was like camelot_drabble
. It's a weekly prompt for Merlin fics up to 1k that people sign up for. You can skip weeks. You're not limited by character. Gah. I would be all over that. I would even help mod if someone else wanted to help with it.
2. I am always on the lookout for good recipes. I love to cook and bake. We don't have any allergies, but I can't tolerate very much heat at all so I avoid things with most types of peppers (I can do bell and banana, but that's about it) or too much cumin/cayenne. My capsicum sensitivity makes my soft palate swell.
3. Like all the other creators have wished for, comments on my fics are always loved and appreciated.
4. Tom Hopper/Percival icons. I have a few, but they tend to be from canon and I write him so much in modern AU, it would be nice to have other options.
5. This one is wishful thinking, but I miss the old LJ days when there was so much fandom stuff concentrated in one place. With so many different platforms, there's very little community anymore.
6. And my final wishful thinking...time. God. What I wouldn't do to have more of it. I suppose it means I need to say no to things, but I don't really think there's much in my life right now that I could've said no to. #9: In your own space, brag about yourself. Tell us what things you've done that you're proud of; the things that make you the wonderful person you are.
I suck at promoting myself in any way. It feels wrong, even though I know I'm smart and a worthy person (when my imposter syndrome and depressive insecurities aren't rearing their awful heads). But I'm going to force myself past my discomfort as best I can.
- I'm a hard worker with an excellent eye for detail.
- I'm a good parent. I helped raise two amazing young adults who are kind, generous, self-sufficient, and ready to go out into the world to make it a better place for everybody once we can do that again.
It's a little easier to talk about fics I'm proud of. I limited myself to 1 per fandom:
1. Legions of True Hearts
: BtVS, William/Buffy, 180k, set between S3 and S4.
- I wrote this story entirely for myself, back when nobody was really writing William very much. In my Spuffy corner, I really didn't expect anybody to read it, especially since in my original disclaimer, I told people not to hold their breath on seeing Spike in it. But this story weaves so much of what I love to do in fic (when I have time, which has not been in recent years). It's a love story, with a twisty plot that allows me to mostly focus on external conflict while my leads fall in love. And it still has my favorite last line that I've ever written.
2. Haven by Chance
: Merlin fandom, Arthur/Percival, 85k
- This wasn't my first long fic for the Merlin fandom, but again, it was a story I started writing completely for myself because so few people were writing Percival. So few people *still* don't write Percival. It started out as a response on the Merlin Kink Meme and exploded from what could've been PWP into this long romance between two amazing men.
3. Portable Magic
: Logan Lucky, Clyde gen, 3k.
- I wrote this for Yuletide a couple years ago and couldn't have been more ecstatic about the opportunity. I *love* this movie so much. It's the movie that made me fall in love with Adam Driver. And the chance to write some backstory for Clyde (his character)? No way could I pass that up. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
4. The Work of a Moment
: Black Sails, Flint/Thomas, 4.5k
- The other Yuletide story I'm most proud of. I love Black Sails with a passion, and I was so excited to have the chance to write this pairing. This was the ending for them I wanted to see. (And parts were oddly prescient.)