Cranberry Sauce Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
16 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup mayonnaise (regular only, fat-free and reduced-fat don't work for this recipe)
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp orange extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 to 2 tbsp orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and soda.
3. Add cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, orange juice, orange peel, and orange extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Fold in walnuts.
5. Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick test.
7. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack (or plate).
8. Combine icing ingredients to a slightly runny consistency.
9. Drizzle over a warm cake.
Yield: Depending on the size of the slice, this can yield anywhere from 12-20 servings. I seem to get around 16.
Note: For me, this cake tastes like Christmas, not too sweet with a cranberry and orange flavor. It's probably the closest thing to fruitcake I'll ever eat or make. ;) It's a crumbly cake and is actually best when it's slightly warm.