Two weeks since I recorded a weigh-in online. Last time was the Monday before Thanksgiving. Then, I was 9 pounds down in 8 weeks.
This morning, 10 weeks after changing my eating habits for the better, I'm 14 pounds down.
I guess Thanksgiving wasn't too bad for me after all. :)
I've been going to town on new recipes lately, but the one that has been sticking the hardest is for a creamed cauliflower that, honest to god, Craig and I have had for the past 4 nights running. We love it *that* much. So, I'm putting the recipe here for anyone who might want it. :)
1/2 large onion, diced
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cauliflower, chopped
14.5 oz can of fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp heavy cream
1. Soften the onion in the butter over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower and chicken broth. Bring to a steady simmer and cover.
3. Cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is falling apart.
4. Remove from heat and puree in blender or food processor.
5. Place back in pan and add cream and cayenne to taste (usually only a pinch is needed, depending on how hot you like it). Heat through while continuously stirring.
6. Serve with curry oil drizzled over the top.
I actually make my own curry oil and keep it in the refrigerator. It's incredibly simple, just simmer canola oil and curry powder together (1/4 cup oil to every tbsp curry powder) and then sieve out the curry. It adds a fantastic Indian flavor to the cauliflower without any of the other stuff I don't like. ;)
This recipe is actually supposed to be enough for 4 people, but Craig and I forego other vegetables in order to have double helpings of this. Yum.
Seeing the lower number this morning (and only 2 1/2 pounds away from the next 10-pound measure down!) has inspired me to be extra good. I just have to keep this up while the in-laws are here. ;)