Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. A new default LJ icon, Spuffy-oriented that has "Eurydice" on it.
2. William poetry that may or may not be used (with credit) in A Symphony of Echoes and its subsequent sequels/other William stories. I suck at writing poetry and this would help me *tremendously*.
3. A Spuffy fic set to the story of Barry Manilow's "Copacabana." I'll admit, this is one of my plot bunnies, but I don't think I'll ever get around to it. I want it true to the story, with lots of angst, and Buffy as Lola, Spike as Tony, and Angel as Rico. Make me cry. ;)
4. Any of these Spike figures: Beneath You Spike, Fool for Love Punk Spike, or Grave Spike. Craig won't let me buy BtVS figures so the only way I can get them is if people buy them for me...
5. More paid LJ time. Mine is set to expire the beginning of the year.
6. James Marsters in a hotel room for 24 hours. What? It's a wishlist! You really expected me not to put him on here? ;)
7. Smut with Dark!Wesley and any version of Willow you want. The darker and kinkier, the better.
8. Any iconage with Spike or Wesley.
9. Spuffy smut. Kinky. You can even add a third person. ;)
10. For you to contribute in some way to the charity of your choice this Christmas. It's so easy to get over-involved with your own preparations and family; all I wish is that people would try and take an extra step to give in some way (time, food, money) to someone who's life is a little more difficult. Give someone a reason to smile this Christmas.
Oh, and if anyone needs anything more from me or needs to contact me in some way regarding any of this, my e-mail is email@example.com.