1. Diet Mountain Dew shooting at geyser speed into your eye? Kinda stings.
2. The greatest impetus to go to the gym to work out is to go clothes shopping for non-mom clothes.
3. Retailers who consider terry cloth robes for children a summer seasonal thing are stupid.
4. angstchic is marvelously kind and thoughtful and deserving of mucho hugs.
5. Spuffy readers are wonderfully generous. Thank you to everyone who voted for Frost at the Spuffy Awards, thank you to the judges for the 2 awards for Rook, and thank you to whoever it was who nominated Voices at Vampire Kisses Awards. And congratulations to all the other winners!
More thank yous to everyone who has been so kind and supportive in this time for me. My spontaneous crying fits have lessened, though I almost missed taking Alicia to a birthday party this afternoon because of an ill-timed one, and I'm trying to stay focused on the positive. Craig has moved into his analytical mode, which is how he deals with trauma usually, and we spent a good two hours this afternoon discussing theology and the ramifications of things we tell Alicia now in regards to death. We have yet to explain to her about Mark. The problem is, she's very sensitive and picks up on our moods frightfully easily, so she's been very tearful for no apparent reasons the past few days. We're waiting until she seems a bit more settled, or until the issue comes up directly, to talk to her about it. Any advice on how to do so would be greatly appreciated.