1. Thinking that Craig was going to forget to call or e-mail me, mainly because I asked him 36 hours ago to send me his hotel information and still hadn't heard anything, and then was surprised at 4pm this afternoon when he called.
2. Got a 7am call from my mother-in-law who sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone.
3. Got my grocery shopping done after dropping the kids at nursery and was home by 10am, which meant I could spent the next 4 hours just writing and reading. I finished the Legions chapter in that time and then proofed it this evening before posting it. It makes me miss the days when I could spend the first 3 hours of my day just writing fanfic. I could actually do close to a chapter a day if I could do that. A few hours to write 3000-4000 words in the morning, then polish it up to post right before going to bed. Damn, that's appealing.
4. Biggest laugh of the day came with evenstar_estel’s hysterical birthday card that she sent me. She posted it in her LJ so go take a gander and laugh as hard as I did. :)
5. Thank you to vampkiss for the gifty! It was a lovely surprise. :)
6. i_digress_uk made my wonderful birthday icon on this post. Thanks, hon!
7. kallysten wrote me a wonderful birthday ficlet, complete with Paris, Spike, and a lovely surprise at the end. Go, read, and give her lots of kudos for being so talented! :)
8. I actually managed to read another 5 nominees at LLGA today, including one story that was over 40 chapters, and 2 more that blew my socks off. Can't say anything about them now (because that's not exactly ethical), but here's hoping my judges liked them as much as I did. :)
9. And finally, having Rocky Road ice cream with my kids as my treat to myself after dinner. Alex certainly enjoyed it; I have the chocolate stains on my couch to prove it. ;)
Tomorrow marks my return back to a regular schedule. Well, regular for me. I have to go and do everything I ignored today, and I got my first paying writing assignment in 6 weeks to finish before next Tuesday. Update goal is to have another Legions chapter for Friday, and then a Frost chapter before I leave for PA next Tuesday, most likely Monday. I'm in PA next week for 3 days, but it's a long flight and I'm taking my trusty notepad to write out some more Legions stuff, hopefully to have one to post on Friday. I'm tempted to take my laptop, but we'll see how heavy my bag is first. ;) That doesn't mean I'll be updating while I'm gone, but it does mean I'll write more, since I type infinitely faster than I can write things out in longhand.
Well, I'm off to finish responding to comments and well wishes, and then I really do have to clean my kitchen. And then there's laundry to do tomorrow. And more unpacking. And the research for my latest assignment. And working on Legions. Oh, and putting together the last few toys I unpacked yesterday, that Alicia has decided she can no longer do without. And...
Why can't every day be my birthday? ;)