In your own space, promote a canon/talk about a part of canon that you love.
For some reason, I had a hard time figuring out what to write here. What could I say that wasn't already said? But then I saw a comment somewhere that kind of annoyed me, so here I am, finally with something to say.
It's no secret that I adore Spike on BtVS. I started out writing Spuffy primarily because I loved Spike so much. In my brain, Spike loves Buffy, Spike didn't get Buffy, so my job as a fanfic writer was to give Spike what he wanted - Buffy.
There is no way I would've stuck to the show if I didn't love Buffy, too. Yes, she's flawed, but she's the root of the whole show. She's why I sit through every single episode when I do a rewatch (even Restless which I absolutely loathe). I love the ensemble, which is why it's so easy to go back to S1 and watch from the beginning, but if I didn't love Buffy, I don't know if I would've been as obsessed back in the day or still in love with the show now, 20 years later.
MY TOP 5 REASONS I LOVE BUFFY SUMMERS
1. For the most part, she almost never gives up. She has so much shit thrown at her, both in her personal life and as the Slayer, and she does what she can to fight through it. She has her lapses - running away after S2, going catatonic right before the big fight with Glory - but I can't blame her for those, not when I evaluate how much she goes through. Even when she makes mistakes, she does her best to fight back from it.
2. Her mistakes make her so relatable. We all screw up. Even gorgeous blondes with superpowers.
3. She fights to the death for the people she loves. And for people who don't deserve it.
4. She's funny and charming and just enough of an oddball to be endearing, as long as the weight of the world isn't suffocating her. Or she isn't newly come back from the dead.
5. She's surprisingly quick to forgive the people she loves.