1. Today was my second attempt at a coffee sponge for Craig. Last week's was too dry for me, so I tried a different recipe with a cream cheese/mascarpone filling instead of a buttercream. I forgot to adjust slightly for the extra half inch bigger my pans are, so the rise wasn't great, but it turned out much better than last weekend. I don't even like coffee sponge and I actually had more than a little sliver than it. I'm considering it a win.
2. I adore this video done by a UK dad about wearing masks.
3. I discovered the beauty that is Lewis Tan:
4. I ordered Christmas earrings for myself. No, I don't think it's too early. I'm going to cling to this holiday with every fiber of my being this year.
5. I introduced three American friends to the glory that is clotted cream.
6. I colored my hair this morning to get rid of my gray for a while. It won't last long, but it makes me happy.
7. Craig washed my car! Trust me. That was definitely smile-inducing. It was covered in ash, but he was waiting until we had a decent enough break so the effort wouldn't be wasted.
Today's meme question: If you were on a jury, would you be willing to convict a person for something you didn't think should be considered a crime?
Of course. Hopefully, if I did hold such an opinion, I'd be excluded during jury selection.
26 If your heart were damaged beyond repair, but you could regain your health for a few more years by getting a heart transplant from a genetically engineered pig, would you?
27 What is your favorite question to ask people?
28 What stage play is your favorite?
29 For $100,000 (or equivalent in your currency) would you put on 40 pounds/18 kg and keep it on for 3 years? How much money, if any, would induce you to put on 100 pounds/45 kg for at least a year?
30 If you were president/prime minister/supreme leader etc. of your country, what is the first thing you would do?
31 What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?</lj-cut