1. Woke up from nightmares. Not fun.
2. Left for work three different times. Had to pull back into driveway twice because first forgot mask, then forgot phone.
3. Pulled into library parking lot at time I'm supposed to start. Nobody is there.
4. Ten minutes later, only aides and a sub have shown up. I text a librarian and a librarian assistant to ask what's going on.
5. Librarian shows up 15 minutes later to let us in. He's taking a mental health day because his 89 y/o dad has pneumonia and isn't expected to last the day.
6. Everything goes wrong with opening. Because the library has been closed for almost a week due to bad air quality, there are a TON of holds ready to pick up since it's the first good day again. Half of them are scheduled when we open, and I only have 20 minutes to get them ready. On top of that, half of the kids grab bag selections are depleted and three different appointments at opening are requesting them. FML.
7. Finally get around to checking stuff in 90 minutes later than usual. That's a mess. One mass market paperback gets returned to us without a cover and a sticky note that says "I'll pay for this." I end up with a stack of empty DVD cases because people are forgetting to put them back into the case before dropping them off. People are idiots.
8. Have 30 minutes at end of shift to shelf-read which I find relaxing. Check the log to see what needs done, pick a section nobody has started yet, and make good progress. When I go back to record where I left off, I discover an identical entry to the one I just made on a line for an entirely different section. Apparently, the aide that worked on Saturday logged what she'd done in the wrong place, which is the SECOND time she's done this in two weeks. On top of that, she didn't even do a good enough job because I found two books that need to be removed from the collection. I'm livid and tell the librarian who has come in to cover, asking her to explain it/show it to the aide (since the aide is coming in to work an hour after I leave).
9. Arrive home to discover that the one job I asked Alex to do while I was gone didn't happen.
10. To top it all off, Trump is a dick, spreading all this misinformation and then having the balls today to call off negotiations for stimulus packages that will help Americans in favor of his damn judicial nominee who is a massive threat to our society anyway.
11. Then I saw Eddie Van Halen died. Fuck.
I ordered pizza and Cinnabon for dinner. I deserved it.
Today's question from the meme: What was your favorite thing to make-believe when you were a child?
Most of my playground games were make-believe based. The Boxcar Children was a favorite for my three best friends and I for two whole years. A game I called "poor people" where we were farmers ala Little House on the Prairie and had to sell eggs and stuff in order to buy things from the Sears catalog. My cousin (who was a year older than I) commandeered me and my middle sister to play Charlie's Angels every time she came to visit, from the time I was 9 until we were in high school. We never actually solved cases. It was always about trying out to be an Angel.
But my favorite make-believe thing, that went on from the time I was 10 all the way until I moved out to college, was based on this picture my great-grandmother had hanging in her bedroom. It was a print of a 9-paned window, and in each pane was a different exterior view. I used to lay in her room and just stare at that picture for hours, pretending I was going through the window to the world on the other side. Anywhere else than where I actually was.
7 Have you ever survived a natural disaster?
8 What’s the most unusual or random item in your purse, bag, or wallet?
9 Are you musically inclined? Do you sing or play an instrument?
10 Have you ever called someone the wrong name during sex or been called the wrong name by your partner?
11 What’s a form of entertainment that everyone seems to enjoy, but that you do not?
12 What three things are you most thankful for?
13 What is something you've never done but would like to try to do? Why don't you?
14 What is something you've tried but would never do again?
15 If, without being detected, you could spy electronically for the next month and watch anyone, anywhere, anytime like a fly on a wall, would you? If so, who would you watch and how closely? If not, why not?
16 If it were the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar language, knowing that within a week, you'd permanently forget the language(s) you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture? If so, what new language would you want to speak and why?
17 If a movie were being made of your life, which actor would play the starring role?
18 Write the words that you need to hear today.
19 If you had to be obsessed with money, sex, sports, religion or food, which one would you choose?
20 What do you love most about yourself?
21 Ignoring all financial considerations, would you rather spend the next 5 years confined to an urban mecca (e.g. New York City, London, etc) or a beautiful, isolated coastal town somewhere?
22 How would you react if you learned that a sad and beautiful poem that touched you deeply had been written by a computer?
23 What is a character trait you despise in others, but you know you also have that same trait?
24 What is the most serious law you've broken doing something you thought was morally right, wouldn't hurt anyone, or was no one's business but yours? How bad would the punishment have been if you'd been caught and given the maximum sentence?
25 If you were on a jury, would you be willing to convict a person for something you didn't think should be considered a crime?
26 If your heart were damaged beyond repair, but you could regain your health for a few more years by getting a heart transplant from a genetically engineered pig, would you?
27 What is your favorite question to ask people?
28 What stage play is your favorite?
29 For $100,000 (or equivalent in your currency) would you put on 40 pounds/18 kg and keep it on for 3 years? How much money, if any, would induce you to put on 100 pounds/45 kg for at least a year?
30 If you were president/prime minister/supreme leader etc. of your country, what is the first thing you would do?
31 What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?