1. My new computer! I finally have it completely up the way I want it, and while my new mouse will take some getting used to, I love the way the keyboard feels so far. I might actually get some writing done tomorrow.
2. The fact that the Proud Boys hashtag has been overwhelmed on Twitter by gay men posting pics.
3. Getting to switch my Buffy calendar to October and away from Bangel.
4. The RBG masks I ordered the day after she died finally arrived.
5. Yesterday, Alicia got a DM from someone on Instagram after she posted some videos of Chico. Turns out, it was one of his original owners, someone who had had to give up due to a Covid move, and she wanted to tell Alicia how happy she was that Chico had such an amazing home. That made me feel good. :)
6. The one good thing to come out of the debate is the return of the Joe/Barack memes that were so prevalent during the 2016 transition. Like this one:
7. Wine. Seriously. It's been a necessity this week.
And today's meme question: What’s something a lot of people seem to fear that doesn’t frighten you?
Snakes. I'm completely not bothered by them. I even had to handle one for a show in college, where I played a snake handler and had to wrap it around my arms.
5 What are you a geek about?
6 What was your favorite thing to make-believe when you were a child?
7 Have you ever survived a natural disaster?
8 What’s the most unusual or random item in your purse, bag, or wallet?
9 Are you musically inclined? Do you sing or play an instrument?
10 Have you ever called someone the wrong name during sex or been called the wrong name by your partner?
11 What’s a form of entertainment that everyone seems to enjoy, but that you do not?
12 What three things are you most thankful for?
13 What is something you've never done but would like to try to do? Why don't you?
14 What is something you've tried but would never do again?
15 If, without being detected, you could spy electronically for the next month and watch anyone, anywhere, anytime like a fly on a wall, would you? If so, who would you watch and how closely? If not, why not?
16 If it were the only way you could remain with the love of your life, would you be willing for both of you to wake up tomorrow as native speakers of an unfamiliar language, knowing that within a week, you'd permanently forget the language(s) you now speak and largely be cut off from your friends and culture? If so, what new language would you want to speak and why?
17 If a movie were being made of your life, which actor would play the starring role?
18 Write the words that you need to hear today.
19 If you had to be obsessed with money, sex, sports, religion or food, which one would you choose?
20 What do you love most about yourself?
21 Ignoring all financial considerations, would you rather spend the next 5 years confined to an urban mecca (e.g. New York City, London, etc) or a beautiful, isolated coastal town somewhere?
22 How would you react if you learned that a sad and beautiful poem that touched you deeply had been written by a computer?
23 What is a character trait you despise in others, but you know you also have that same trait?
24 What is the most serious law you've broken doing something you thought was morally right, wouldn't hurt anyone, or was no one's business but yours? How bad would the punishment have been if you'd been caught and given the maximum sentence?
25 If you were on a jury, would you be willing to convict a person for something you didn't think should be considered a crime?
26 If your heart were damaged beyond repair, but you could regain your health for a few more years by getting a heart transplant from a genetically engineered pig, would you?
27 What is your favorite question to ask people?
28 What stage play is your favorite?
29 For $100,000 (or equivalent in your currency) would you put on 40 pounds/18 kg and keep it on for 3 years? How much money, if any, would induce you to put on 100 pounds/45 kg for at least a year?
30 If you were president/prime minister/supreme leader etc. of your country, what is the first thing you would do?
31 What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?