1) Do you try to see all the nominees for Best Picture each year before the Academy Awards show?
ANSWER: Try is the operative word here. The Oscars are my Super Bowl, and I have a personal goal of seeing everything that's ever been nominated for all but the short film and documentary categories (mostly because those tend to be difficult to get a hold of), stemming from getting an Oscar history book for Christmas when I was 18. However, time and being a mom has made that harder. There was a decade where I saw very little, so I'm always playing catch-up. But I do try to see what I can every year, and then end up making up the difference afterward.
2) How many of this year’s nine Best Picture nominees have you seen so far?
ANSWER: Only 2--La La Land and Hell or High Water. I wanted to see all but one of them prior to the nominations (I still have zero desire to see Hacksaw Ridge).
3) Of those nominated films you’ve seen, which is your favorite?
ANSWER: I probably enjoyed Hell or High Water a bit more than I did La La Land, but only slightly. I really enjoyed both for very different reasons.
4) Is your favorite the same as the film you think is actually the “best picture”?
ANSWER: No, because La La Land has more strengths as a whole, I think.
5) Which film do you think will win Best Picture?
ANSWER: This is La La Land's to lose this year. If anything stands a chance of beating it, it's Moonlight, but I just don't see that happening.